All your traditional bases are covered: Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries, Rice, and DRESSING in this one easy, healthy dish!
We’ll offer this dish (vegan version) through our Calypso Catering kitchen throughout the holidays if you run out of time.
Here’s a meat eater’s version as well!
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Orange Juice concentrate
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2 TB fresh thyme
- 4 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups cubed sweet potatoes or prepared*
- 3 cups mushrooms (Baby Bella or White sliced thick)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked Rice of your choice (I use Calypso’s Rice) or Salted Grain, (Farro, Barley, etc.)
- 2/3 cup Toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch Parsley chopped and sprigs
*if you want a creamier texture consistent with traditional Thanksgiving dressing use 1 pint of Calypso Sweet Potatoes and add in with rice for a more traditional appearance
Vegetarian and Meat Eaters (these additions can be mixed in or served on the side and added at the buffet to customize the dish for your guests):
- ½ cup finely shredded Asiago cheese
- 4 ounces thick pancetta, cooked and chopped