My hands-down favorite solution to a leftover Turkey at Thanksgiving. We will be offering a limited number of our Calypso Thanksgiving Turkeys, and our carcass alone should adequately flavor this recipe!
- 1 turkey (I use Calypso Turkey) or rotisserie chicken carcass
- 8 -16 ounces cooked turkey cubed
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 oz. kielbasa, diced and browned in 1TB olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, thyme, ground red pepper and allspice – I use a Calypso Turkey which provides ample flavor from the carcass!
- 10 ounces frozen cut okra
- White or Calypso Rice
Make stock with 2 ½ quarts water, carcass, carrot, ½ of the raw vegetables: celery, onion, and garlic. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, 1 hour. Drain broth and discard solids.